Can't remove PIN code

Moppies

Hi,

A few years ago, I put a Windows Hello 4 digit PIN code to access my PC, using my school's email adress.

Today I remember the 4 digit code but I would like to change it, and I don't have acces to my school's email adress.

When I go to windows hello pin code it says "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources. Tap or click here to fix it".
And then is asks me to connect to my previous adress, but I can't.

And when I try to modify my password, it will change my private email adress (one that I have access to) password, not the password for accessing the PC, which I don't understand.

More strange : on my other, non professionnal session, everything works normal, I can't setup a PIN code but I can setup a normal password ...

I don't get it.

I've been looking on the web but can't find anything working for me.

I'm using French Windows 10.

Can someone help me please ?

Thanks a lot.

Bonjour,

It sounds like you're dealing with a complicated situation. Since your PC might be affiliated with your school's domain or Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) associated with your school's email address, you cannot reset your PIN without access to that particular email address.

Here are some solutions you might want to try:

1. Contact the school's IT department: If you're unable to access your school's email account, the first move should be to contact your school's IT department. As the administrators, they have rights and access to the school's domain on Microsoft servers and will be able to remove, reset, or change the settings for you.

2. Create a local account: If the above solution is not applicable or practical, you might want to consider creating a new local administrator account on your PC. Signing into a local account disassociates your PC from school's organization and will allow you to change the PIN. Here's how you do it:

- In the search box on the taskbar, type Settings, and then select 'Settings' app from the list.
- Click on 'Accounts', then select 'Family & other users'.
- Under 'Other users', select 'Add someone else to this PC'.
- On the new page, select 'I don't have this person's sign-in information', then click 'Add a user without a Microsoft account'.
- Enter a username for your new local account, create a password, fill out the password hint and then click 'Next', followed by 'Finish'.
- Now, log out from the current account and sign in to the new local account you created.
- Under the new account, go to 'Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options'.
- Click on 'Windows Hello PIN' and then you should be able to add a new PIN.

3. Rejoin your PC to the domain: If your PC is part of your school's domain, you will need to remove it from the domain and then add it again. This is a more complex operation and often requires the help of the network administrator (in this case, your school).

4. Reset your device: If none of these solutions work, your last option might be to reset your PC. But use this as a last resort due to the risk of losing all of your data.

I hope one of these options works for you! If you need further help, don't hesitate to ask.

Cordialement.

Back