Windows 10, still doesn’t let me use nox or VMware?

Ethanmiller

I am having a problem, sandbox, hyperv and windows hypervisor platform are disabled but on windows 10 I can not boot VMware or anything that uses virtualization. When I try I get errors such as “Virtualization has not been enabled”.

Does anyone know another fix that can be implemented?

Hello,

Before detailing potential solutions, let's first understand what might be causing the issue. The problem you're facing usually stems from 'virtualization' being disabled in BIOS or UEFI settings of your pc. This is essential to running any app that requires virtualization, such as VMWare or Nox. However, another possible cause might be the compatibility issue between your system and such applications.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem:

1. **Turn on Virtualization in BIOS/UEFI:** This is generally the most common solution. Restart your PC and, during the startup, enter BIOS or UEFI settings. Common keys to enter the BIOS include F1, F2, F10, Delete, or Esc. Once there, search for an option that says "Virtualization," "VT-x," "AMD-V," or similar, usually found under 'Processor,' 'Configuration,' 'Performance,' or 'Security' settings. Enable it, then save and exit to reboot your pc. This process may differ depending on the motherboard, so you may need to refer to your computer or motherboard's user manual.

2. **Check Compatibility and Update Software:** Ensure that your current version of VMWare or Nox is compatible with your Windows 10 version. If not, you might need to update your current version or roll back to an older one that's compatible.

3. **Update your BIOS/UEFI:** In rare cases, there might be a compatibility issue between your BIOS version and virtualization. In such cases, updating your BIOS/UEFI may help. Please refer to your motherboard manufacturer's guide to learn how to update your BIOS safely.

4. **Disable Hyper-V:** THyper-V can conflict with other virtualization software. Open Command Prompt as an admin by searching 'cmd' on the start menu, right-clicking on 'Command Prompt,' and selecting 'Run as administrator.' Then, type the command `dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V`. Afterward, restart your computer.

5. **Disable Core Isolation:** In Windows Defender Security Center, you can select Device Security, then Core Isolation Details and disable Core Isolation.

We hope these solutions are of help to you. Please, backup your data before proceeding with any BIOS or system updates as they could potentially completely disable your system if not done correctly. Let us know your progress!

It thinks that virtualization is disabled or missing and I have it enabled but sadly my only temporary fix is to use windows 7 since I can get it working on that system but I really need windows 10 to work.

Hello,

Before detailing potential solutions, let's first understand what might be causing the issue. The problem you're facing usually stems from 'virtualization' being disabled in BIOS or UEFI settings of your pc. This is essential to running any app that requires virtualization, such as VMWare or Nox. However, another possible cause might be the compatibility issue between your system and such applications.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem:

1. **Turn on Virtualization in BIOS/UEFI:** This is generally the most common solution. Restart your PC and, during the startup, enter BIOS or UEFI settings. Common keys to enter the BIOS include F1, F2, F10, Delete, or Esc. Once there, search for an option that says "Virtualization," "VT-x," "AMD-V," or similar, usually found under 'Processor,' 'Configuration,' 'Performance,' or 'Security' settings. Enable it, then save and exit to reboot your pc. This process may differ depending on the motherboard, so you may need to refer to your computer or motherboard's user manual.

2. **Check Compatibility and Update Software:** Ensure that your current version of VMWare or Nox is compatible with your Windows 10 version. If not, you might need to update your current version or roll back to an older one that's compatible.

3. **Update your BIOS/UEFI:** In rare cases, there might be a compatibility issue between your BIOS version and virtualization. In such cases, updating your BIOS/UEFI may help. Please refer to your motherboard manufacturer's guide to learn how to update your BIOS safely.

4. **Disable Hyper-V:** THyper-V can conflict with other virtualization software. Open Command Prompt as an admin by searching 'cmd' on the start menu, right-clicking on 'Command Prompt,' and selecting 'Run as administrator.' Then, type the command `dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V`. Afterward, restart your computer.

5. **Disable Core Isolation:** In Windows Defender Security Center, you can select Device Security, then Core Isolation Details and disable Core Isolation.

We hope these solutions are of help to you. Please, backup your data before proceeding with any BIOS or system updates as they could potentially completely disable your system if not done correctly. Let us know your progress!
Core isolation is also disabled but none of these features seem to help. I’ve tried everything.

Core isolation is also disabled but none of these features seem to help. I’ve tried everything.
I'm sorry to hear that the problem still persists. Please bear with me; we'll try and explore a few other possible solutions.

1. **Check System Information:** Let's confirm that your system recognizes the enabled virtualization. Press `Win + R` keys simultaneously to open the Run box. Type `msinfo32` and hit Enter to open System Information. Under System Summary, check the item named 'Virtualization-Based Security.' If it displays as 'Running,' then your PC has recognized the enabled Virtualization.

2. **Checking Antivirus Software:** Some antivirus software might have a feature that can interfere with virtualization. Check your antivirus software settings to see if such a feature is enabled and disable it.

3. **Back-up and Fresh Install Windows 10:** If no other solution has worked for you, your Windows 10 might have developed errors that are preventing virtualization. Although it's a drastic step, you might want to consider a fresh install of Windows 10. Be sure to back up all your data beforehand.

Remember, systems can vary, so these solutions might not apply in all cases. You could also reach out to Microsoft Support or the support service of your PC manufacturer. They might be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on your exact system specifications.

Back