Hitman 3 keeps crashing at game start up.

Johncoool

Extraordinary Member
Analyze the below error report and offer a solution based on the error without extra tips.

Faulting application name: HITMAN3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Faulting module name: HITMAN3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000d3dc3
Faulting process id: 0xa5a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01da84e9c4afdec5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Hitman\Hitman 3\Retail\HITMAN3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Hitman\Hitman 3\Retail\HITMAN3.exe
Report Id: 383f5586-ded6-43fa-a6fc-243e75cc9871
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The error "Exception code: 0xc0000005" you're seeing suggests a memory access violation. This error often points to issues like bad drivers, corrupted game files, or incompatibility errors.

The first step to resolve this could be as simple as restarting your PC. If that doesn't work, follow these steps:

1. **Update your graphics drivers**: The crash may indicate a problem with your existing graphics drivers. Outdated or corrupted video drivers could be the underlying cause. You can update these drivers from the official website of your GPU manufacturer.

2. **Verify game files**: Corrupted or missing game files can also cause the game to crash. If you own the game on a platform like Steam, you can use its integrity verification feature. Go to your Steam Library > Right-click on "Hitman 3" > Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.

3. **Run the game as an administrator**: Sometimes, the game might crash if it doesn't have the necessary permissions to access certain system resources. Right-click on the game's shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator.

4. **Disable Full-Screen Optimization**: In the Compatibility tab (from step 3), there's an option to disable fullscreen optimizations. This feature sometimes causes issues with games.

If none of these steps work, make sure your PC meets the game's minimum system requirements. If your PC falls short, this might be causing the crash. You might need to upgrade your hardware in that case.

If all else fails, reach out to IO Interactive's customer support with the details of your error report for more advanced troubleshooting.

The error "Exception code: 0xc0000005" you're seeing suggests a memory access violation. This error often points to issues like bad drivers, corrupted game files, or incompatibility errors.

The first step to resolve this could be as simple as restarting your PC. If that doesn't work, follow these steps:

1. **Update your graphics drivers**: The crash may indicate a problem with your existing graphics drivers. Outdated or corrupted video drivers could be the underlying cause. You can update these drivers from the official website of your GPU manufacturer.

2. **Verify game files**: Corrupted or missing game files can also cause the game to crash. If you own the game on a platform like Steam, you can use its integrity verification feature. Go to your Steam Library > Right-click on "Hitman 3" > Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.

3. **Run the game as an administrator**: Sometimes, the game might crash if it doesn't have the necessary permissions to access certain system resources. Right-click on the game's shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator.

4. **Disable Full-Screen Optimization**: In the Compatibility tab (from step 3), there's an option to disable fullscreen optimizations. This feature sometimes causes issues with games.

If none of these steps work, make sure your PC meets the game's minimum system requirements. If your PC falls short, this might be causing the crash. You might need to upgrade your hardware in that case.

If all else fails, reach out to IO Interactive's customer support with the details of your error report for more advanced troubleshooting.
I asked you to analyze the report. and not to give me your tips.

I asked you to analyze the report. and not to give me your tips.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. Based on the error report you provided, the specific problem lies within the HITMAN3.exe module. The Exception code: 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation happened. This usually means the program tried to access a portion of memory that it was not assigned by the system.

This could potentially be caused by a bug within the game itself, a problem with system memory, or even interference by 3rd party software. The fault offset 0x00000000000d3dc3 might give the software developers a clue where in their code this happened when used in conjunction with the version number and timestamp.

Unfortunately, without access to the source code of the game, it's hard to determine the exact cause based on the report alone. It's recommended to contact the support of the game developers with the full error report for further investigation.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Based on the error report you provided, the specific problem lies within the HITMAN3.exe module. The Exception code: 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation happened. This usually means the program tried to access a portion of memory that it was not assigned by the system.

This could potentially be caused by a bug within the game itself, a problem with system memory, or even interference by 3rd party software. The fault offset 0x00000000000d3dc3 might give the software developers a clue where in their code this happened when used in conjunction with the version number and timestamp.

Unfortunately, without access to the source code of the game, it's hard to determine the exact cause based on the report alone. It's recommended to contact the support of the game developers with the full error report for further investigation.
I found the below in another forum based on your information. Analyze and provide the solution and report details.

Potential fixes for 0x80000003 & 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll)​

DISCUSSION

r/nvidia•1 yr. ago
Potential fixes for 0x80000003 & 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll)
Hi,
So I've been struggling with some 0x80000003 crashes in Hitman 3 and I looked in every forum to see how I could fix it. At some point, I stumbled upon an idea to add a few registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers : TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay and TdrLevel. With that, I also uninstalled my driver with DDU and installed the latest one. The problem now was that the game wouldn't start at all and would log the 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll) error in Event Viewer. A lot of attempts to fix it ensued: driver rollbacks, changing graphical settings, sfc /scannow, windows updates... anything I found, I tried. At some point though I remembered I added those registry keys and that they're the outlier. The fix was to delete the TdrLevel key... for some reason it didn't like it. The other 2 keys worked just fine after and you may want to try them if you still experience the 0x80000003 crash. Basically create 2 DWORD keys (TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay) in that path and edit their decimal values to 20. Maybe this helps some.
Now for the second part, the 0x80000003 crash, that I initially tried to fix. Knowing that all my other games work just fine and having a 99.7% stability in the Port Royal stress test, I knew it wasn't my hardware, as I've been misled by some posts (and honestly instilled paranoia in my mind). It most definitely was a driver conflict of some kind, so I instantly thought that my undervolt is unstable. Still crashed with stock settings. I then tried changing settings in Afterburner and stumbled upon Enable the low-level IO driver, so I disabled it because this was my best shot now. I can't say it definitely fixed it for me, but since then I haven't experienced this crash. As a last resort, you may try closing Afterburner and RTSS altogether.
I decided to post this because in all the scouring for the fix I did, I was unable to find these critical pieces of info anywhere, but please let me know if it's out there already, I haven't checked for duplicates.

Read more
12 upvotes · 3 comments

Upvote6Downvote2commentsShareShare

Sort by:Best
Add a Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN

I found the below in another forum based on your information. Analyze and provide the solution and report details.

Potential fixes for 0x80000003 & 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll)​

DISCUSSION

r/nvidia•1 yr. ago
Potential fixes for 0x80000003 & 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll)
Hi,
So I've been struggling with some 0x80000003 crashes in Hitman 3 and I looked in every forum to see how I could fix it. At some point, I stumbled upon an idea to add a few registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers : TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay and TdrLevel. With that, I also uninstalled my driver with DDU and installed the latest one. The problem now was that the game wouldn't start at all and would log the 0xc0000005 (nvwgf2umx.dll) error in Event Viewer. A lot of attempts to fix it ensued: driver rollbacks, changing graphical settings, sfc /scannow, windows updates... anything I found, I tried. At some point though I remembered I added those registry keys and that they're the outlier. The fix was to delete the TdrLevel key... for some reason it didn't like it. The other 2 keys worked just fine after and you may want to try them if you still experience the 0x80000003 crash. Basically create 2 DWORD keys (TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay) in that path and edit their decimal values to 20. Maybe this helps some.
Now for the second part, the 0x80000003 crash, that I initially tried to fix. Knowing that all my other games work just fine and having a 99.7% stability in the Port Royal stress test, I knew it wasn't my hardware, as I've been misled by some posts (and honestly instilled paranoia in my mind). It most definitely was a driver conflict of some kind, so I instantly thought that my undervolt is unstable. Still crashed with stock settings. I then tried changing settings in Afterburner and stumbled upon Enable the low-level IO driver, so I disabled it because this was my best shot now. I can't say it definitely fixed it for me, but since then I haven't experienced this crash. As a last resort, you may try closing Afterburner and RTSS altogether.
I decided to post this because in all the scouring for the fix I did, I was unable to find these critical pieces of info anywhere, but please let me know if it's out there already, I haven't checked for duplicates.

Read more
12 upvotes · 3 comments

Upvote6Downvote2commentsShareShare

Sort by:Best
Add a Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN
The discussion post you found from Reddit offers a potential fix to your issue with Hitman 3. Based on the user's experiences, it suggests two major fixes:

1. **Registry Tweaks**: The user added three registry keys (TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay, and TdrLevel) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. Later, they identified that TdrLevel key was causing a conflict and ended up deleting it. The other two keys (TdrDelay and TdrDiDelay) seemed to work well with decimal value set to 20. TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) settings in Windows control how the system responds when the GPU does not respond to requests within certain time frame. Editing these can potentially resolve your crash issue.

2. **Afterburner Settings**: For the second part, the 0x80000003 crash, they found a potential solution in the changing of settings of MSI Afterburner, a graphics card overclocking utility. In the user's case, they managed to resolve the problem by disabling the low-level IO driver option found in the Afterburner settings.

With regards to applying this to your situation, back-up your registry before making any changes so that if there are any adverse effects, you can revert to your previous settings. This is an advanced step and should be done with care as it can have a large effect on your system's performance and stability.

In terms of the Afterburner settings, if you are using this utility, you could test out the proposed solution. The low-level IO driver is related to how the program interacts with your hardware and disabling it might dodge conflicts causing the crash.

These steps might help you resolve the issues with Hitman 3 crash. However, since these were specific to the user's PC, these may not apply to everyone. Always take caution when implementing solutions found online, as what works for some may not work for all.

The discussion post you found from Reddit offers a potential fix to your issue with Hitman 3. Based on the user's experiences, it suggests two major fixes:

1. **Registry Tweaks**: The user added three registry keys (TdrDelay, TdrDiDelay, and TdrLevel) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. Later, they identified that TdrLevel key was causing a conflict and ended up deleting it. The other two keys (TdrDelay and TdrDiDelay) seemed to work well with decimal value set to 20. TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) settings in Windows control how the system responds when the GPU does not respond to requests within certain time frame. Editing these can potentially resolve your crash issue.

2. **Afterburner Settings**: For the second part, the 0x80000003 crash, they found a potential solution in the changing of settings of MSI Afterburner, a graphics card overclocking utility. In the user's case, they managed to resolve the problem by disabling the low-level IO driver option found in the Afterburner settings.

With regards to applying this to your situation, back-up your registry before making any changes so that if there are any adverse effects, you can revert to your previous settings. This is an advanced step and should be done with care as it can have a large effect on your system's performance and stability.

In terms of the Afterburner settings, if you are using this utility, you could test out the proposed solution. The low-level IO driver is related to how the program interacts with your hardware and disabling it might dodge conflicts causing the crash.

These steps might help you resolve the issues with Hitman 3 crash. However, since these were specific to the user's PC, these may not apply to everyone. Always take caution when implementing solutions found online, as what works for some may not work for all.
Ignore the part of the solution that is for the afterburner as I dont have that.

Just tell me the 1st part and how to do it.

Ignore the part of the solution that is for the afterburner as I dont have that.

Just tell me the 1st part and how to do it.
I apologize for the confusion earlier. Here's a walkthrough for implementing the first part of the solution, which involves tweaking your Windows Registry (Always remember to backup your registry before making changes):

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the 'Run' dialog box.

2. Type 'regedit' and press Enter, this will open the Registry Editor.

3. Navigate through the following path:
```
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
```
4. In the right pane, you need to find or create the following DWORD (32 bit) keys: `TdrDelay` and `TdrDdiDelay`.

If they don't exist, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the right side of the window, select 'New' and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD as `TdrDelay` or `TdrDdiDelay`.

5. Once `TdrDelay` and `TdrDdiDelay` keys are there, double-click on each, change the 'Base' to 'Decimal' and set their 'Value data' to 20.

6. Click 'OK' and close the registry editor.

7. Restart your computer for these changes to take effect.

This tweak involves the TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) component of Windows. TDR is designed to detect response problems from a graphics card, and recover to a functional desktop without crashing the system. By modifying these keys, you are extending the period of time the GPU has to respond to calls before the system takes action.

After you've done these steps, try running the game again to see if the issue persists. If any adverse effects occur or the issue persists, you can always reverse these changes by setting the 'Value data' back to its default (usually 2) or delete the keys if you created them.

As always, exercise discernment when implementing these changes. Different system configurations can generate varying results.

I apologize for the confusion earlier. Here's a walkthrough for implementing the first part of the solution, which involves tweaking your Windows Registry (Always remember to backup your registry before making changes):

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the 'Run' dialog box.

2. Type 'regedit' and press Enter, this will open the Registry Editor.

3. Navigate through the following path:
```
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
```
4. In the right pane, you need to find or create the following DWORD (32 bit) keys: `TdrDelay` and `TdrDdiDelay`.

If they don't exist, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the right side of the window, select 'New' and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD as `TdrDelay` or `TdrDdiDelay`.

5. Once `TdrDelay` and `TdrDdiDelay` keys are there, double-click on each, change the 'Base' to 'Decimal' and set their 'Value data' to 20.

6. Click 'OK' and close the registry editor.

7. Restart your computer for these changes to take effect.

This tweak involves the TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) component of Windows. TDR is designed to detect response problems from a graphics card, and recover to a functional desktop without crashing the system. By modifying these keys, you are extending the period of time the GPU has to respond to calls before the system takes action.

After you've done these steps, try running the game again to see if the issue persists. If any adverse effects occur or the issue persists, you can always reverse these changes by setting the 'Value data' back to its default (usually 2) or delete the keys if you created them.

As always, exercise discernment when implementing these changes. Different system configurations can generate varying results.
analyze game errors

Error 1: HITMAN3.exe!AK::WriteBytesCount::Clear+0x3ed14 (Process ID: 10680, Priority: Normal)
Error 2: ucrtbase.dll!configthreadlocale+0x50 (Process ID: 25264, Priority: Below normal)
Error 3: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 22572, Priority: Normal)
Error 4: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 22188, Priority: Normal)
Error 5: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 20228, Priority: Normal)
Error 6: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 19168, Priority: Normal)
Error 7: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 18788, Priority: Normal)
Error 8: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 16912, Priority: Normal)
Error 9: crypt32.dll!CertFreeCRLContext+0x660 (Process ID: 11692, Priority: Normal)
Error 10: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 10148, Priority: Highest)
Error 11: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 8816, Priority: Normal)
Error 12: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 7936, Priority: Normal)
Error 13: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 7824, Priority: Normal)
Error 14: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 5560, Priority: Normal)
Error 15: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 5412, Priority: Normal)
Error 16: InputHost.dll!DllGetActivationFactory+0x4100 (Process ID: 5200, Priority: Normal)
Error 17: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 4220, Priority: Normal)
Error 18: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 3628, Priority: Normal)
Error 19: libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48 (Process ID: 1748, Priority: Normal)
Error 20: libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48 (Process ID: 1336, Priority: Time critical)

analyze game errors

Error 1: HITMAN3.exe!AK::WriteBytesCount::Clear+0x3ed14 (Process ID: 10680, Priority: Normal)
Error 2: ucrtbase.dll!configthreadlocale+0x50 (Process ID: 25264, Priority: Below normal)
Error 3: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 22572, Priority: Normal)
Error 4: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 22188, Priority: Normal)
Error 5: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 20228, Priority: Normal)
Error 6: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 19168, Priority: Normal)
Error 7: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 18788, Priority: Normal)
Error 8: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 16912, Priority: Normal)
Error 9: crypt32.dll!CertFreeCRLContext+0x660 (Process ID: 11692, Priority: Normal)
Error 10: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 10148, Priority: Highest)
Error 11: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 8816, Priority: Normal)
Error 12: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 7936, Priority: Normal)
Error 13: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 7824, Priority: Normal)
Error 14: HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0 (Process ID: 5560, Priority: Normal)
Error 15: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 5412, Priority: Normal)
Error 16: InputHost.dll!DllGetActivationFactory+0x4100 (Process ID: 5200, Priority: Normal)
Error 17: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 4220, Priority: Normal)
Error 18: ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450 (Process ID: 3628, Priority: Normal)
Error 19: libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48 (Process ID: 1748, Priority: Normal)
Error 20: libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48 (Process ID: 1336, Priority: Time critical)
An analysis of these errors indicates that there could be several issues causing HITMAN3 to crash, happening at different processes, prioritize levels, and libraries. Below are some potential areas where the problem might lie based on the frequent errors:

1. **HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0**: This error appears multiple times in different Process IDs. It can be indicative of an issue with how the game is interacting with your hardware's clock or how time-keeping is handled within the game engine.

2. **ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450**: The error messages associated with ntdll.dll indicates that a system DLL is not functioning correctly. This could be due to a bad driver or hardware problem.

3. **ucrtbase.dll!configthreadlocale+0x50**: This dll is a part of Microsoft's Universal C Runtime Library. The error could be because of a faulty C++ redistributable installation or possible software conflict.

4. **libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48**: This error is linked to the PlayStation specific DLL and concerns the controller input functionality in the game.

5. **crypt32.dll!CertFreeCRLContext+0x660**: The crypt32.dll is a DLL related to cryptography services in Windows. It could cause errors if there is a problem with Windows security features or if your system is having trouble verifying the certificates and signatures of the game.

6. **InputHost.dll!DllGetActivationFactory+0x4100**: This module contains function related to input method editor system functionality, it may signify issues with your Input devices or their drivers.

However, please note that analyzing crash reports at this level needs software debugging expertise and access to the game's source code which is not public. I would strongly recommend reaching out to IO Interactive's customer support for a more accurate problem assessment. Provide them with these errors, your system specs, and any other relevant information for best results.

An analysis of these errors indicates that there could be several issues causing HITMAN3 to crash, happening at different processes, prioritize levels, and libraries. Below are some potential areas where the problem might lie based on the frequent errors:

1. **HITMAN3.exe!AK::Monitor::GetTimeStamp+0x1d5b0**: This error appears multiple times in different Process IDs. It can be indicative of an issue with how the game is interacting with your hardware's clock or how time-keeping is handled within the game engine.

2. **ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x450**: The error messages associated with ntdll.dll indicates that a system DLL is not functioning correctly. This could be due to a bad driver or hardware problem.

3. **ucrtbase.dll!configthreadlocale+0x50**: This dll is a part of Microsoft's Universal C Runtime Library. The error could be because of a faulty C++ redistributable installation or possible software conflict.

4. **libScePad.dll!scePadGetParticularMode+0x4a48**: This error is linked to the PlayStation specific DLL and concerns the controller input functionality in the game.

5. **crypt32.dll!CertFreeCRLContext+0x660**: The crypt32.dll is a DLL related to cryptography services in Windows. It could cause errors if there is a problem with Windows security features or if your system is having trouble verifying the certificates and signatures of the game.

6. **InputHost.dll!DllGetActivationFactory+0x4100**: This module contains function related to input method editor system functionality, it may signify issues with your Input devices or their drivers.

However, please note that analyzing crash reports at this level needs software debugging expertise and access to the game's source code which is not public. I would strongly recommend reaching out to IO Interactive's customer support for a more accurate problem assessment. Provide them with these errors, your system specs, and any other relevant information for best results.
Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e44c34
Faulting process id: 0x3888
Faulting application start time: 0x01da8b7d86552307
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Hitman 3\retail\hitman3.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Hitman 3\retail\hitman3.exe
Report Id: bff0ae33-09c7-4b85-9250-7d2db5029d66

Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffece18
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e44c34
Faulting process id: 0x3888
Faulting application start time: 0x01da8b7d86552307
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Hitman 3\retail\hitman3.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Hitman 3\retail\hitman3.exe
Report Id: bff0ae33-09c7-4b85-9250-7d2db5029d66
This error report indicates an exception error with the code "0x80000003" caused by the executable file (HITMAN3.exe) of Hitman 3.

This exception is often referred to as "BREAKPOINT" exception. This error is thrown if a process has a breakpoint set for an address in its space (intentionally, by programmer for testing, or unintentionally due to software bugs), and execution is halted when that address is accessed.

Given the nature of this exception code, it's often hard to pinpoint the specific problem without debugging the software, and as such, it's essential to contact IO Interactive technical support to relay this error.

Provide them with the exact error report, especially the exception code, fault offset, faulting module name, and application path. This will help their technical support team trace the fault more precisely. They may ask additional information about your system specifications like the version of Windows you are using, the computer's make and model, and the versions of any hardware drivers you have installed, which potentially could be contributing to the issue.

This error report indicates an exception error with the code "0x80000003" caused by the executable file (HITMAN3.exe) of Hitman 3.

This exception is often referred to as "BREAKPOINT" exception. This error is thrown if a process has a breakpoint set for an address in its space (intentionally, by programmer for testing, or unintentionally due to software bugs), and execution is halted when that address is accessed.

Given the nature of this exception code, it's often hard to pinpoint the specific problem without debugging the software, and as such, it's essential to contact IO Interactive technical support to relay this error.

Provide them with the exact error report, especially the exception code, fault offset, faulting module name, and application path. This will help their technical support team trace the fault more precisely. They may ask additional information about your system specifications like the version of Windows you are using, the computer's make and model, and the versions of any hardware drivers you have installed, which potentially could be contributing to the issue.
The issue is that the game only works on DX 12 and my system can only support 11.2 maximum and not upgradable.

So then this thread is closed!

Last edited:
Back